Finally getting to share a few snaps from my experience with TRESemmé, the official haircare sponsor of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week! Here we are backstage at Clover Canyon watching as the models quickly ran through hair and makeup. Clover Canyon’s Spring/Summer 2015 Collection was inspired by lush greens, native flowers, and breathing waterfalls of Southeast Asia. TRESemmé LeadStylist, Jeanie Syfu (pictured below on the right), created an undone wet look to compliment the fluidity of nature-inspired patterns. Of all the shows we followed, I felt like Clover Canyon’s hairstyle was really on point…adding even more dynamic to the designs.
While we were backstage I was able to speak with Jeanie and got a first hand how to from the creator herself…
1. Prep hair with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Volumizing Mousse and rough dry the lengths for texture
2. Once dry, create an imperfect deep side part with a comb, leaving loose pieces framing the face.
3. Create another a part from mid-ear to the crown to form two sections.
4. Gather the top section into a ponytail just below crown and fasten with elastic.
5. Take the remaining hair and create another ponytail at the back of the head, directly below the first.
6. Loosely wrap top ponytail into a bun, leaving ends out, and fasten with pins.
7. Twist bottom ponytail in the opposite direction, and secure with pins as well.
8. Paint TRESemme TRES Two Mega Firm Gel through front strands using a hair color brush, then use fingers to apply gel to the ends of each bun to complete the wet look.
I also wanted to include a few detailed shots of my hair that day prior to having it styled at the TRESemmé salon. I’m such a give in for a low unfinished knot, bun, or pony. Basically anything that looks effortless and a little lived in. Many of you have ask about how I create my messy bun. Although this one is a little more polished than normal, i’ll quickly run through how I create this look in less than 5 minutes. Here’s my secret…it’s all about texture! I’ve used a number of products for this, however, during NYFW I was introduced to TRESemmés 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse and absolutely love it. Two things it does well: weightless volume & no sticky or stiff texture.
1. After washing my hair I use TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse while my hair is wet to give my hair extra body. I have incredibly dry hair so it doesn’t take much. If your hair is more fine, be a little more generous with the mousse.
2. Once dry, I twist my hair into a low bun and double an elastic band to secure it.
3. I then start using my hands and pull the bun from the middle out, making it bigger. Basically loosening the bun so it’s not so tight and clean. Some pieces will fall which is exactly what you want to create an undone look.
4. I then take 3 bobby pins and secure the bun to my head. You can put them where ever feels the most loose. This is done to help the bun stay throughout the day.
5. Now using your hands pull from the front and sides so nothing is tight looking. I generally bring pieces down are my ears and allow my bangs to frame my face.
6. Lastly, finish the look using TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray for a lasting volumnios hold.
I hope this provides a little insight on how I create this look. If you have any questions or need help please don’t hesitate to email me (email@example.com)! Have a great weekend everyone!
This post is brought to you by TRESemmé a product of Unilever.