I love to host during the holidays. Mad and I had both of our families at the house for Thanksgiving – it was PACKED but so much fun. And now, we’re in the middle of all of our holiday travel (seeing both sides of the family for Christmas and then off to Belize for the New Year!).
But whether it’s friends our our families – I’m always looking for new ideas for hosting. I asked my friend Cassie Kelley to share a few of her fav cocktails recipes with me because she is always throwing the BEST parties. She’s world’s greatest hostess and has a way of making everything feel festive and amazzinggg. Sharing recipes below!
- Pre-make your ice cubes by filling two large ice cube trays with lime slices, cranberries and orange slices.
- Fill with water and transfer to a freezer.
- Freeze until solid.
- In a large punch bowl, mix together sugar and lime juice until dissolved. Add rum, Grand Marnier, Amaretto, and apple juice. Transfer to refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Add ice and top with sparkling water. Garnish with orange slices, cranberries and cinnamon sticks
- Fill each glass with punch.
- Garnish with cranberries, orange slices, rosemary sprigs & cinnamon sticks. TIP: to give your rosemary a frosted look, dip into water and sprinkle with sugar and let it dry.
- Lime slices (for ice and garnish)
- Orange slices, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup Citrus-Ginger Sugar
- 2 1/4 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 3/4 cups dark rum
- 2 1/4 cups Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 cups Amaretto
- 3 3/4 cups apple juice
- 3 1/2 cups sparkling water
- Crush your candy-canes by placing them in a Ziplock bag. Seal it TIGHTLY and smash using a rolling pin or large spoon.
- Prep your chocolate by placing it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds at a time stirring in between. This will likely take between 30-45 seconds.
- Pour melted chocolate onto a small plate. Pour crushed candy canes onto a separate plate. Dip rims of champagne flutes first in chocolate, then in crushed candy canes to coat the rim of each glass.
- Add a splash of peppermint schnapps to each glass (less than an ounce), then top with champagne.
- Garnish with a full candy cane before serving.
- 1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- >6 oz. peppermint schnapps, divided
- 1 bottle champagne or Prosecco
- 6 candy canes, whole