Newborn Travel TipsPersonal
What a CRAZY month of travel! Fashion month is always a whirlwind, but traveling with a newborn is a whole new ball-game! Thank you guys SO much for all of your tips — it made ALL the difference! Thought I would share some of the things I found most helpful flying with Navy these first couple of times. Would love to know what you guys think or any more tips you have for this new mom! We have another trip coming up in a little less than a week (to a place neither Navy OR I have been before – a 17 hour flight!).
- Feed during takeoff and landing to help with baby’s ears popping! This really did the trick for Navy – we had zero issues here 🙂
- Regulate your supply! Water & sleep are the top things that help you here – so be OVERLY sensitive to water intake and sleep schedule because your supply will definitely be impacted by them – mine for sure was during Paris. We made it through, but gearing up for another big trip, I will be more aware of this!! Quick tips: LiquidIV Water Hydration Packet is a real game-changer, along with Vital Proteins Water.
- Airport security and breastmilk…MY BIGGEST FEAR! I read loads of different things online prior and ended up going with this as my plan of action: I only went through security with frozen milk (I took one bag of frozen with me because I was slammed my first day with meetings – but not necessary if you’re going to be with baby!). As long as it’s frozen, they won’t test it and you can refresh your ice once you’re through security. Once through security, I actually pumped and had a fresh bottle on hand in the case I didn’t feel comfortable breastfeeding in flight. A few other tips! If you’re traveling with less than 3oz unfrozen, they won’t test it! Tip 2. If they are testing it, ALWAYS ask them to change their gloves. Tip 3. If you need to heat a bottle in an airport or on a plane, ask for a large cup of hot water. Tip 4. It’s hard to keep bottles and pumping gear clean on long flights, so I’ve been using these Medela Quick Clean Breast Pump Wipes to disinfect. They’re amazing!
- For long flights, make sure you reserve a bassinet! And do so ahead of time because they go FAST –there are only two in business and two in economy and once they’re reserved, they’re gone! For shorter flights, an aisle seat is best. Don’t be afraid to get up and walk around. Everyone smiles at the mom who is braving a flight with an infant :).
- Always try to request an empty seat next to you on the plane – the extra space is a total game changer.
- Give yourself EXTRA TIME. Can’t stress this enough. Everything that I used to do in 5 minutes takes me ten with a baby — and then multiply that when you’re in an airport. It’s just not worth the stress :).
- Try and take as little as possible with you on the actual plane itself. I tried to keep my cary-ons to a minimum.
- Wear your baby :). I just carried Navy in a baby wrap onto the plane. It made it so much easier to be hands-free.
- If you’re flying internationally, your babe WILL need a passport so start this process EARLY! They were sticklers approving Navy James’ photo (you think they’d be a little more understanding considering how hard it is to get a newborn baby’s pic alone!). The process itself isn’t crazy stressful — I suggest getting your babe’s picture taken at the postal service — just be sure to give yourself enough lead time for any bumps along the way.
- Buy diapers when you get there (we love honest)! Just take the essentials with you – what you need to get through the flight and then make a quick stop to pick up what you need when you land — it all gets used in the end ;).
- Request a crib at your hotel or AirBnB — most all hotels will accommodate you, you just have to ask! (And make sure they have a fridge/freezer for breastmilk).
I love Walmart because you can grab all of these products online and have them shipped to your house when planning ahead for a trip. They have my favorite brands for Navy and it just makes it easy to be able to get everything we need in one spot and then check it off the list.
12 responses to “Newborn Travel Tips”
Onnoimex is the best home appliances repair company, where you can get quick.
Ours is a licensed entity, operating from Houston, Texas.
We are a group of professionals, specialized in appliance repair Houston.
Ice Machine Repair,
Wine Cooler Repair,
Oven/Double Oven Repair,
this is a very important post thanks for this post I am very impressed to know your post it is very useful. thanks a lot.
I am completely captivated
build a high performance and give great ideas. เทคนิคบาคาร่า
Bro, the website itself shows how great is this for. Ive been working for months already and im still gathering my thoughts on how will i finish my projects so i thank you sincerely. Hope that you could notice message. Keep it up. You can also check and try mine. สูตรคาสิโน
Look outside the box of your ideas. To look on beyond the experience and work of others just to have a justification of your outcome. Great day dude. สล็อตคาสิโนออนไลน์
This tips is very useful for me. I appreciate your fantastic post. Thank you for sharing this post; it made me pleased to read it. I frequently read the shorter essays and explain the authors’ motivations, as I did with this one.
The travel places you shared are very good and very useful to me, I will often visit your articles to gain more knowledge.
This is a crucial article. I appreciate you sharing this; I find it to be extremely informative.
Positive site, where did you come up with the information on this posting? I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work
That’s great tips for travelling. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your advice. I understand that traveling with children can be difficult because I always travel with them. For our travels, I choose a car and my kids really like it. When we came to Mallorca, we also decided to rent a car on this website Rental24h.com and every day we went on an excursion to some interesting place on the island. It was very interesting