Hospital Bag MUST HAVESMotherhood
PACKED AND READY. Our hospital bags have been sitting at the end of the bed for nearly 3 weeks now in hopes baby boy will get the hint that we are SOOOO ready to meet him! I get so excited and impatient at the end I can barely stand it. Each day feels like a week!!
We’re using the same bags when I went into labor with Navy – StorkSak ! Talk about a well constructed overnight baby bag…they have literally thought through everything you could possibly need as a mom. I’ve packed two — one for baby boy and one for mom and dad. The video takes you through everything you need to know, including a few items I won’t be packing this time around. I’ve included links for everything and you can see the full video LINKED HERE!
Oh, and for a few non-hospital bag related tips– prepare a playlist (one for labor, one for arrival), have your birth plan on hand in case you deliver with a different team or just for reference, snap lots of pics and vids (you’ll be a happy you did later on), don’t forget to bring the carseat, and most importantly DEEP BREATH….YOU’RE ABOUT TO MEET YOUR BABY!
Toiletries and Personal Care
- Toiletries – the key here is travel sizes!
- Nipple Cream for breastfeeding
- Headband, ponytail holders, bobby-pins, and a small brush
Clothes for Me
- A soft robe – so nice to have when it is chilly in the hospital plus they are breastfeeding friendly
- Comfy clothes – bring your favorite baggy sweatpants and anything oversized to leave the hospital in. Loose, comfortable pieces are essential for after labor and make sure you choose dark colors – trust me. I’m bringing a cozy, oversized hoodie, a jumpsuit, and dark loungewear.
- A few pairs of socks – I decided to pack no slip socks instead of bringing house shoes to save room in my bag.
- Nursing tanks – I don’t need to pack any nursing bras because this acts as a tank and bra in one!
- Maternity underwear – SO SEXY. These are a lifesaver and the hospital will have some as well.
Needs for Baby
- Car seat – if you haven’t already, make sure to install your carseat before leaving for the hospital – easy to forget but so important to remember!
- Going home outfit and clothes for baby – be prepared with multiple onesies for your hospital stay
- Gown – this style makes diaper changes much easier
- Bottles and formula even if you plan to nurse. I’m packing HIPP formula, just in case we need it. Quick tip: don’t pack the whole box of formula but instead save room in your bag by taking a photo of the packaging to reference measurements.
- Breastfeeding pillow – makes figuring out breastfeeding and/or bottle feeding much more comfortable for both mom and baby
- Muslin burp cloths – I’m just bringing two of these, which is plenty
- Diapers – the hospital has diapers for you but I’m also bringing the Honest Co. ones we’ll use.
- Hats, socks and booties
- Extra long cell phone charger – you won’t want to be getting up for your phone, so this cord keeps it charging within reach
- Charged iPad – making sure ours is charged BEFORE getting to the hospital this time around 🙂
- Portable bluetooth speaker – you’ll want to have something to playing music in the room as a mood booster and distraction during labor. Definitely helpful to have this charged before going to the hospital as well
- Extension cord – any extension cord will do, but I love that this one has USB ports and multiple plugs
- Your birth plan – either print ahead of time or have available to share once at the hospital to reference
- Essential oils – when I had an emergency c-section with Navy my doula handed Mad lavender essential oils so that’s what I was smelling during my surgery. Something I never would have thought to pack on my own but made SUCH a difference during my labor.
- Side note: Mad created a really thoughtful laboring / after birth playlist and a first day of life playlist for once the baby is here. Such a special memory to have with Navy as a newborn, and I’m excited to have one for this labor and delivery too.
- Water bottles – sooo important to stay hydrated, which I already have a hard time doing. Bring a few so water is always available.
- Snacks – My favorites to have on hand are: KIND bars, Milton’s crackers, gum + sugar free mints (because once you start laboring it is ice chips and gum until baby is here!)
- Change for vending machines – added this to the packing list after NOT having it the first time around. Mad and I never carry cash but if you want a late night snack, coins are a must for hospital vending machines.
- Your favorite book to read during the long hours of labor
17 responses to “Hospital Bag MUST HAVES”
nice posting thanks for your posting
We can use it for multiple purpose.
Super useful post, thank you for sharing !
After watching your video on Instagram I had to come to the post. I had an emergency c section with my first and felt totally unprepared even though I had a whole bag of stuff packed. I’m having my second this summer and definitely want to feel more prepared and also more comfortable since I already know I’m opting for another c section now. Anyway, going to read this post fifty more times before July I think haha!
The useful products here hope to be a good material foundation for the newborn children.
Thank you so much for posting. This is an extremely helpful blueprint for pushing a hospital bag? Would you be able to re-the jumpsuit please or provide name of brand for those of us not on Instagram? Much appreciated and always enjoy your content. You look like such a sweet family.
The velcro strap, for instance, is emblazoned with the disc tray from the 360, while the air vents and Xbox button are featured on the outside.
Fake Yeezy Yecheil
If no one has explained to you how to choose the right site, then here you will find all the answers. Concentrate on what’s relevant to you.
Thank you so much for posting such informative post.
I like to be ready for any challenges in advance, so when it came to assignments, I decided to find a reliable writing service that can guarantee the meeting of my deadlines and the quality of papers made. And gonerdify.com reviews turned out really useful at that moment. https://globalhack.org/gonerdify-com/
It may sound weird, but my biggest crush is modern technologies. I adore the fact that I can watch all these technological changes and use them to my advantage. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t come across paper help reviews back in the day.
I cannot thank you enough for providing something that is so educational.
gathering my thoughts on how will i finish my projects so i thank you sincerely. Hope that you could notice message. Keep it up. You can also check and try mine. เว็บคาสิโน
informative Look outside the box of your ideas. To look on beyond the experience and work of others just to have a justification of your outcome. Great day dude. คาสิโนออนไลน์สล็อต
Great post about hospital bag must haves is such a great post i’ve ever read hopping to see more post like this keep writing and best of luck.
This is such awesome content i got to read after lot of time. Its so interesting as well as informative. I am sure everyone who read it got a lot to learn from it.Yellowstone Merchandise
Excellent article. The writing style which you have used in this article is very good and it made the article of better quality.
Freddie Mercury Jackets